SKILL DEVELOPMENT STARTS FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2021
**SEEKING PARENT VOLUNTEERS - NO LAX EXPERIENCE NECESSARY**
The Milton Youth Lacrosse Girls Skills Development program is for girls in grades 1 & 2. Practice is held once per week, on Friday evenings, 6:15-7:15pm, starting April 23, 2021. This program is a great way to introduce girls to lacrosse in a non-competitive environment. It is a chance to foster a love of the game in a fun way, while teaching the critical skills of women’s lacrosse, including throwing, catching, ground balls, cradling and more!
Skills Development program starts mid-April, is played outdoors, and runs for 8 sessions.
In the event of a cancelation due to weather, we will announce via email. Field closures will also be posted at www.miltonlacrosse.org in green/yellow/red on the right side of the homepage.
Practices are broken into smaller groups and rotate to different skill stations throughout the practice. While we don't have formal games at this age, the girls will have a chance to scrimmage during throughout the session.
Parents interested in volunteering to coach are welcome and encouraged to register and have a chance to learn lacrosse with their girls, no prior lacrosse experience is necessary!!
Registration opens in March. Milton Youth Lacrosse Registration for Grade 1&2 Girls. Registration cost is $120, which includes a Milton Youth Lacrosse practice pinnie and insurance for your daughter (for former players, please note that a separate US Lacrosse membership with insurance is no longer a requirement)
Please check the Milton Youth Lacrosse website for updated information now, and throughout the season. And be sure to update your personal info on the site so that you receive important notifications. If you need support with your account or registration, email
Girls are asked to come to practice ready to play with the required equipment:
- A regulation girl’s or women's lacrosse stick. (*Recommendations below)
- MYL has some Warp Jr. Sticks for girls in our 1/2 program to borrow. If your daughter would like to borrow a stick for the 2021 season, please email Karen Harris at
- Click on the following link for: Tips on buying a girls lacrosse stick. We have also included links below to save you time searching online.
- Lacrosse goggles. All of the places we provided below have goggles. Some of the kids versions are quite small - parent tip - have your daughter try them on before buying.
- Mouth guard.
- Sturdy athletic shoes are a must. We recommend cleats as the fields can get slick with spring weather conditions, but sneakers are fine too.
- Water bottle.
- A positive attitude :-)
* A few different beginner stick options online, all under $50:
STX Women's Exult 200 on AL 6000 Complete Lacrosse Stick
STX LILLY BEGINNER LACROSSE STICK WITH CRUX MESH
Under Armour Girls' Futures Mesh Complete Lacrosse Stick
MAVERIK ERUPT ST GIRLS BEGINNER STICK
* If you would prefer to go in person, you can try:
Legit Lacrosse – Really knowledgeable and helpful!! 1112 Washington St, Hanover, MA 02339
Monkey Sports in Norwood – Good supply if you know exactly what you’re looking for.
Any questions or special requests, please feel free to send a message to
or call Karen Harris at 617-290-5579.